Friday, December 24, 2010

Reporting LIVE from the Civil War Institute 2011 Conference


Greetings Cosmic Americans!

Road trip, road trip, road trip!!!!

That's right, yours truly, Keith Harris, creator and host of Cosmic America's Civil War, is going to Gettysburg in June 2011 to cover the Civil War Institute's annual conference at Gettysburg College.

Here's the fun part - my plan is to integrate the conference - panels, tours, interviews, etc with social media. So here's what you can expect: Up to the minute Tweets, Youtube videos commenting on panels and discussions including interviews with scholars in attendance, Facebook discussion, and even some LIVE streaming. All of course free to the public!

It will be just like being there in the comfort of your own home (realistically, I know you will be watching from work...when you should be working - it's all good, though. I won't rat you out).

Distinguished historian and CWI Director Peter Carmichael, author of The Last Generation: Young Virginians in Peace, War, and Reunion has assured me that I can pretty much do my usual thing...meaning - no editorial restrictions. I get to be myself. I say that deserves a big HUZZAH!!! (thanks Pete)

Buckle up friends - you are in for some good times ahead and maybe even a tad of controversy. And stay tuned - I will keep you up to date on the events as we get closer to June. In the meantime, check me out on all the usual social media outlets (listed at the right) and visit the CWI website for information and all that crazy stuff.

Peace,
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment