Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blogging the Civil War

Greetings Cosmic Americans!

In a few hours yours truly, along with fellow bloggers Brooks Simpson and Kevin Levin, will be part of a Civil War Institute panel on Civil War blogging. I am quite certain the questions will be first rate...and we are on our best games - there may even be a few moments worth noting. I plan on discussing the utility of blogging as a means to bridge the gulf between academics and an informed public, and how I have used blogging and social media of all kinds to further my research.

If you have any questions about blogging the Civil War - now is your last chance to ask. I will be sure to include them in the panel. And make sure to check out all the latest updates from the conference by following Twitter hashtag #cwi1862
And speaking of an informed public - the photo is a view of the 2012 CWI attendees - patiently waiting for a panel on Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment