Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Gettysburg Tour



Greetings Cosmic Americans!

There is something special about being led around the Gettysburg Battle field by someone who knows what they are talking about I have had the pleasure of seeing the battlefield with some of the best. I have joined Gary Gallagher, Joan Waugh, Matt Gallman, and Glenn LaFantasie, just to name a few, on this field of epic battle.

If you do not happen to run into one of these acclaimed historians while visiting, I suggest checking in to some of the licensed tour guides that work for the NPS.  I "liberated" the video from Youtube of Gary Kross giving his two cents on the Pickett-Pettigrew assault - he seems like he knows what he is doing. And I highly recommend Wayne Motts. I do not agree with everything he says - but you might...and at any rate - he is top notch when it comes to talking about the battle.

I'll be there in June and July for the CWI Conference reporting back with up to the minute updates on the battlefield and in the meeting hall. SO stay tuned - there will all kinds of virtual tours coming your way!

Peace,

Keith

3 comments:

  1. WoW! Phenomenal presentation. Thank you, Keith for posting this video, riveting, to say the least. We will be in Gettysburg [for the first time] in July/August during our 'Summer See the USA' tour.

    Nicely done, as usual. ~*~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Smith and Gary Edelman are my two favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 2001, Wayne Motts led my UCLA classmates and myself on a tour of the Pickett-Pettigrew assault. I was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete