Monday, November 12, 2012

All My Exes Live In Texas

Well, they don't really (I just like the song)  - but if they did, they might be waist deep in a right proper secession movement. As of this morning (November 13, 2012) the good people of the state (perhaps soon to be Republic) of Texas have amassed well over 60,000 signatures petitioning the United States government to allow a peaceful secession from the United States. To find out more and see for yourself what has motivated these Lone Star patriots, click HERE. The number of signatures is growing exponentially and I am looking forward to further developments.


K

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am very interested to see if anything comes from this. I am sort of surprised that Obama hasn't made a statement yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the rules of the site, the administration must issue some response. The Texas secessionists may be a little nutty, but they have far exceeded the required number of signatures needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't want to live in the United States, just immigrate elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too will be watching with interest. I understand their anger, but it goes without saying that there are better ways to address the issues. In addition to the early rumblings of secession, I'm also bothered by those who mock the idea. Making fun of them does nothing to help and may only fan flames. We're angrily divided as it is. No need to make things worse. (Then again, I don't know why I continue to plead for more civility in either politics or on the internet. That's a losing battle. :o/ )

    ReplyDelete