Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What Was I Up To in 1985?



Greetings Cosmic Americans!

So...my friend Julia let me know that the Rockabilly band I played in waaaaaaaay back in 1985 (The Mavericks) was featured on a Youtube video. Just because I like to talk about fun things from time to time, I thought I would post the clip above. So watch and enjoy - we're doing the Sparkletones 1956 hit, Cotton Pickin' Rocker. If you are really interested in the SB 1980s band scene (who isn't?) you can see the whole show on Youtube - the series features lots of other Santa Barbara bands...the show was to help the local celebrities of the time (The Tan) get to England to hit it big. You will see some pretty good hairdos.

[caption id="attachment_1549" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Steve (bass) and I 26 years later - still rockin' at the House of Pies in Los Feliz"][/caption]

But life in 1985 was not all rockabilly stardom for me. At 17 years old I was just as much the Civil War guy as I am today. Back then, I was reading Bruce Catton's Army of the Potomac Trilogy. I had a set next to my bed. Now how rockin' is that?

Peace,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment