Sunday, November 27, 2011

21st Century Technology on a Civil War Battlefield

Greetings Cosmic Americans!

I never go anywhere without my iPhone. I love it. I really do. I shoot all my videos with it, take all my pictures, post to my blogs, Tweet, and post Facebook updates. And I can't wait for the next one to come out. If the iPhone 5 outdoes the 4 - I will be stoked.

But until then, this little black device is my favorite thing. And now....you can get Civil War battlefield apps for free! Not all battles have one, mind you - but Manassas, Fredericksburg, and Gettysburg are all currently available through the app store.

These are really handy tools - if you download all the info straight to your iPhone, you don't have to worry about reception when you are on the field. There are maps, videos, interpretive segments, even trivia games.

I could have really used this the last time my wife and I got hopelessly lost at Manassas. Really - it was embarrassing...I mean, I am supposed to be a Civil War historian and I got lost!

Oh well, next time I will be armed with my Manassas app and will find my way around perfectly well.

Peace,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment