Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Civil War Soldiers: What They Fought For


Greetings Cosmic Americans!

Another great show is in the books! Tonight on Cosmic America's Civil War I took a break from the chronological narrative and talked about regular soldiers. Why they enlisted and why they fought.

Yep - you'll get it all on the show. Adventure, community, group cohesion, and yes - that's right - ideology. I don't care what you say, Civil War soldiers were ideologically motivated.

So check out the recorded version by clicking HERE.

Now that you have a taste I am sure you will want to read the books I talked about so here are some convenient links (aren't I nice). Just click the titles.

Bell I. Wiley, The Life of Johnny Reb
Bell I. Wiley, The Life of Billy Yank
James M. McPherson, For Cause and Comrades

Enjoy and happy reading

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment